Nowadays peppers are a well-known spice in the world. They have different colors like red, black, yellow, orange, and green. Among them, black pepper is the most commonly used. Regardless of color, all of them have benefits for men and women for example weight loss, skincare, hair, and for our health. pepper tastes very hot and pungent so be careful before consumption! If you look at any tables in restaurants there is a high possibility of finding peppers. Other than salt pepper is the most common spice in the entire world; especially in the USA. Black pepper which is known as the king of spice is originally from the south of India but is now cultivated in countries like Brazil, and Sri Lanka. Black pepper is obtained from peppercorns. When the peppercorn is ripe and reaches perfect size, it would be picked. For drying and turning its color to black it must be spread under the sun lights. Pepper’s enzymes cause the skin of pepper seed color turns black during the drying process. Studies show the Piperine formula in black pepper would combat the formation and accumulation of fat cells. Add black pepper to your daily use for weight loss since a tablespoon of it has only 8 calories. You can use this spice on chicken breast or on vegetables.
Black pepper disadvantages
Besides the advantages and benefits of black pepper, it has some disadvantages too. If you use it excessively you may face some problems which some of which could be serious.
- Irritation in the stomach: it is known to all of us that black pepper is so hot so excessive consumption could lead to severe stomach irritation. However, there is no need for being worry. This irritation is temporary and will be gone after a while.
- Cause of death: this side effect is one of the rarest. If you consume it solely, it could enter your lungs and lead to death, especially in children. Thus, it is recommended to consume black pepper beside the meal.
- Cause eye irritation: don’t forget to avoid direct touch on your skin. If it accidentally touched your eyes, it may cause irritation and redness in your eyes or skin.
- It has interaction with some drugs: it would be better to avoid eating black pepper if you consuming these drugs: Cyclosporine A, Cholinergic, Digoxin, cytochrome P450
- Digestion malfunction: it may cause some problems for the stomach or digestion system. people who suffer from digestion malfunction should not consume black pepper.
- It may lead to respiratory problems: don’t sniff black pepper because it may lead to respiratory diseases like asthma.
- It causes extremely dry skin: it is should not be consumed excessively since it causes dry skin.
If you compare pepper’s advantages with its disadvantages, you easily understand that it weighs higher in advantages than disadvantages! The only it could harm you is that consuming it excessively which is not a possible scenario. So, enjoy fair consumption! Read more: Bell Pepper Variety
Black pepper uses and benefits
If you consume black pepper wisely it has many benefits. The reason for its popularity is the taste but the interesting point is that it has different uses too.
- Black pepper for improving the health of mouth and teeth: some researches show that pepper consumption is very effective on the mouth and teeth and prevents oral infections due to its antibacterial features. Pepper has anti-inflammation features too which prevents gums inflammation. You can also use a mix of black pepper with salt for relieving tooth pains.
- Black pepper improves the brain’s health: black pepper has many effects on the brain. Black pepper has Piperine which acts as an inhibitor enzyme that reduces the melatonin.
- Could help quit smoking: studies show that sniffing the steam of black pepper could help to quit smoking.
- Help with diabetes treatment: black pepper’s anti-oxidants could fix the blood sugar. They adjust hyperglycemia and help with diabetes treatment. Black pepper consumption could postpone glucose absorption. Black pepper’s Piperine could be used as an increasing factor for metformin and reduces its side effects.
- Black pepper for bladder stone treatment: studies show that black pepper is effective for bladder treatment.
- Black pepper for tuberculosis: black pepper has anti-inflammation features which help for cleaning the lunges up and reduces the production of sputum.
- Benefits of using black pepper for the skin: there are strong anti-oxidants that present fabulous anti-aging benefits. black pepper cleans the skin up and cures acne and other skin diseases.
Benefits of black pepper and honey
It is obvious that honey has lots of benefits for health and our body also black pepper has different uses and benefits but how about mixing both of them? As research proved they have benefits when you consumed a mixture of them here are some examples: Benefits of honey and black pepper for cough: black pepper is a common domestic spice that could be beneficial for different types of colds. Read more: Citrus Fruit Skin Benefits Combining black pepper and honey could help in curing a cold. Due to pepper’s effect on the throat, it is widely used in foods during winter. Black pepper due to having vitamin C reinforces the immune system. It is anti-bacterial and anti-biotic naturally. Usually for curing cold people smash black pepper seeds and add them to a tablespoon of honey. Honey relieves the pain, counters the cough, and could reinforce the black pepper’s relieving function for cold. Also, you can add some drops of warm water to the mixture of black pepper and honey and make it diluted and taste better. Consume this potion of honey and black pepper early in the morning for countering cold symptoms. Black pepper tea for cold: if someone suffers from a cold, could add fresh black pepper or black pepper powder with sea salt to one’s tea instead of sugar. Some Indian spices are beneficial when you suffer cold in winters. You can add these spices to your daily life foods and beverages. We are a big company for exporting different products to the entire world. One of our products is spice. If you are a fan of spice and spicy foods let's work together!